Senior Full Stack Developer
We are changing the way people communicate around the world! Our technology enables customer service to engage specialized services providing live collaboration solution utilizing real-time audio, text, and video. As a trailblazer member of the team you will be afforded significant autonomy, equity, and room to grow with the company. We are driven by our values to build an incredible software that provides high quality user experience collaboration solution! The passionate Senior Full Stack Developer will work with a small yet high caliber team to architect, design, and develop top notch service platform.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented team in Bethesda, Maryland (will consider remote candidates)
- Lead the architecture, design, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously collaborate, define, architect, and build new customer-facing features
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face by developing highly available services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale
- Design and develop automation to ensure platform, services, and machine security including providing support development and operations teams and activities
- Write high quality maintainable code with extensive test coverage
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution to issues with remote customers globally
- Good communication skills with the ability to convey justifications to one's thoughts and decisions
- Willingness to support operations 24/7 (of course, with help!)
- Strong knowledge in writing readable, maintainable, performant code in Node.js and/or Go.
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix, and/or functional languages is a big plus as much of the core platform is being migrated over. You are capable working across the full stack including front-end JS frameworks like React, Angular or similar.
- Keen understanding of Microservices and not intimidated by intricate concepts such as Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Protocol Buffers, and Clustering
- Key exposure to PostgreSQL relational database and various key-value database systems
- Experience working with RESTful and WebSocket communications
- Experience in using Git and actively participate in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation
- Operational experience with web-scale and highly-available infrastructure on Public cloud deployments
- Previous experience working with WebRTC or VoIP Systems is a plus
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in software design and development
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that spur productivity which directly contributes to the development of their professional skills. We wish to attract the best of the best, and incite them to keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Macbook Pro with Dual Displays
- Competitive salary and incentive equity package
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plan
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
- Generous gym, mobile telephony, and data plan
- Focused on the quality of the product delivered rather than the hours
- Free snacks and beverages (at office)
Viavel is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.